ETC Transport Consultants GmbH has been an established planning and consulting firm in the transport sector for 40 years. It is now a wholly owned subsidiary of GRE and focuses on the central core competences of mobility consulting and IT solutions.
These range from strategic consulting, traffic system analyses, transport surveys, and traffic and operational simulations through to the development and implementation of IT-based quality and management information systems, real-time data applications, as well as mobile business solutions for transport companies. Our work focuses on the integration of all forms of transport in the ideas, strategies, and solutions developed by our interdisciplinary team.
ETC Transport Consultants GmbH, Berlin, the provider of the RBL system DatNet, and Qnamic AG, Haegendorf (Switzerland) with their RailOpt product for integrated vehicle and personnel planning, have agreed to integrate their product portfolios in the future. The result will be a standardized software platform covering the range from the operational planning and disposition up to the RBL system and the control center.
The standardized and simplified communication interface guarantees a continuous data exchange between planning and operations as well as the provision of plausible real-time-data for customer information. Forecasting data and data input by the staff at the control center can be directly fed back into the operative planning process. The data acquired through DatNet and RailOpt can also be used for human resource management and for reporting. Automatically generated reports fulfil the corresponding requirements and obligations from the transport contracts.
Besides the programming works for customized components, the new cooperation between both companies will allow for the operation of the complete system as well as the professional and technical operational management, including 24-hours-support.
Gernot Steinbrink, managing director of ETC: “Together and with the complementary solutions of our products DatNet and RailOpt we are able to provide an integrated solution from planning and operations with an incorporated RBL system. Such a combination wasn’t available in the market until now and will bring significant added value for our customers“.
Dr. Claudia Schmid, CEO of Qnamic AG, added: “The need for up-to-date and precise information increases very fast in the market. The combination of our products will enable the integration of planning, control center and interfaces of the RBL into an overall system, which will increase the efficiency of the operation and the quality of the information in a sustainable manner”.
Ralph Höpping (v.i.S.d.P) | Gauff Management GmbH & Co. KG | Berner Straße 45 | 60437 Frankfurt/Main
Tel. +49 69 5 00 08-112 | E-Mail email@example.com
Our expertise – your advantage
Our philosophy consists of being a high-quality partner for our customers along the value added chain in the transport market, with focus on railway and public transport.
- We provide consultancy services to companies and organizations of the transportation sector in the classic consultancy fields: strategy and management consultancy, process and organization consultancy and IT consultancy.
- We support our customers at finding solutions to their planning, conceptual and transport economical challenges.
- We develop, implement and operate software solutions for the transportation market.
- We help our customers to operate successfully in the transport market.
Thanks to the comprehensive orientation of our business fields and our diversified customer structure ranging from public service providers and ministries, transport and industry companies up to the international financing institutions (EBRD, AfDB), we are able to offer deep and wide expertise and a professional national and international network, which represents an important advantage for our customers in the course of our projects. Along this way, our company has become one of the leading providers of IT solutions for real-time, management and quality measurement systems as well as for mobile business applications in the fields of local rail passenger services and bus market.
Our software solutions and products guarantee quick, reliable and transparent information flows, the collection of all relevant data, automated evaluations and simplified communication channels resulting in short reaction times and fast responses during day-to-day operations.
We constantly integrate new professional challenges and technical developments in our work allowing for a continuous improvement and up-to-date projects. Our main focus of our activities is to provide benefit for our customers. To achieve this we are guided by the following principles:
- Innovations develop when experience, curiosity and passion for discovery come together.
- Today’s needs can only be met while considering future developments.
- Our strength is our knowledge regarding the entire spectrum of the value-added chain in the transport market.
- Standardized developments provide the economical basis for specific customer solutions.
Thus, we are able to offer our customers complete solutions meeting their specific needs in the sectors of Mobility Solutions and IT Solutions for today’s transport and tomorrow’s requirements, using our highly-motivated and interdisciplinary working team of experts specialized in the fields of engineering, traffic planning, transport economics, geography, computer sciences, business administration, urban planning, sociology and political sciences. ETC Transport Consultants GmbH is and will remain your qualified and reliable partner for consulting, planning and IT solutions and products in the transport market.
We develop sustainable solutions in the transport market
With these areas we are able to offer a wide service portfolio ranging from the classic consulting fields of strategic and management consultancy, processes and organizational consulting up to specific transport planning and modelling.
- Strategic Consultancy
- Transport Planning
- Transport Modelling
- Tariffs, Revenue Distribution & Sales
- Process and Organization Consulting
- Freight Transport & Logistics
Simulation of rail-bound systems for the optimization of operation and infrastructure and capacity assessments
Multifunctional simulation tool for the simulation and analysis of logistical processes using different established simulation methodologies
Timetable editing system (FBS)
(FBS = Fahrplanbearbeitungssystem) Software for line-based timetable construction including production of timetable documents and evaluation of operation
Software for Netwide railway planning and computation of regular interval timetables
Software for traffic analyses, forecasts and GIS-based data management to model transport networks and travel demand, to analyze expected traffic flows, to plan public transport services and to develop advanced transport strategies and solutions
Dipl.-Ing. Hinrich Brümmer
Business unit manager Mobility, Vice Presidents
Tel. +49 30 254 65-353
Fax: +49 30 254 65-103
Dipl.-Volksw. Michael Holzhey
Business unit manager Mobility
Tel. +49 30 25 465-301
Mobile +49 173 324 64 41
Fax +49 30 25 465-102
We develop software solutions & products for the transport market
ETC Transport Consultants GmbH distinguishes itself by its outstanding competence.
The portfolio in this segment is complemented by our IT services as well as our IT consulting.
- Efficient real-time systems
- Integrated data hub solutions
- Quality management systems
- Mobile business applications
- Management information systems
Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Mathias Müller
Business unit manager for IT-Solutions
Tel. +49 30 25 465-328
Mobile +49 172 323 35 56
Fax +49 30 25 465-103
Software Solutions and Products
Rail operation management system with integrated data hub based on VDVStandards to support all processes and interfaces for transport services
Web based quality management database for contract and performance controlling covering the whole process from data input through data review; Calculation of indices, preparation of evaluation results up to the visualization of data and results
Data hub for punctuality – and quality assessment in public transport
Mobile operation management system component to provide real-time data and facilitation of operational communication
Mobile acquisition of quality of service data and connection to Q-DABA;
Mobile Market Research
Integrating different data into a management information system to in order to analyze and evaluate the number of passengers, train kilometers, provide reporting systems, service and operation quality measurements;
HMS Station Management System and station cataster
Federal Ministry for Transport and Digital Infrastructure (Germany), AK rail policy of the German Federal Council, State Ministry for Economy, Labour and Transport (Saxony), MOT&I Kenia, MINICOM Rwanda
e.g. EU, EIB, EBRD, World Bank, GTZ, AfDB Eisenbahnverkehrsunternehmen: City-Bahn Chemnitz GmbH, Deutsche Bahn AG, Dänische Staatsbahn, Erfurter Bahn GmbH, Netinera Deutschland GmbH, Sächsische Dampfeisenbahngesellschaft mbH, S-Bahn Berlin GmbH, Usedomer Bäderbahn GmbH, Veolia Verkehr GmbH
Railway infrastructure companies
DB Netz AG, PKP PLK, Jernbaneverket, Currenta, Trafikverket, Banedanmark, RFI, Prorail, Infrabel, LDZ, RAHCO, RZD
Public transport companies
Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG) – AöR, Bremer Straßenbahn AG, Cottbusverkehr AG, Jenaer Nahverkehrsgesellschaft mbH, Rostocker Straßenbahn AG, Verband Deutscher Verkehrsunternehmen
Public authorities/transport associations:
Hamburger Verkehrsverbund GmbH, Landesnahverkehrsgesellschaft Niedersachsen mbH, LVS Schleswig-Holstein Landesweite Verkehrsservicegesellschaft mbH, Mitteldeutscher Verkehrsverbund GmbH, Nahverkehrsservicegesellschaft Baden-Württemberg mbH, Nahverkehrsservicegesellschaft Thüringen, Nordhessischer Verkehrsverbund GmbH, Rhein- Main-Verkehrsverbund GmbH, Verkehrsverbund Berlin-Brandenburg GmbH, Verkehrsgesellschaft Oberhessen mbH, Verkehrsmanagement-Gesellschaft Saar mbH, Verkehrsverbund Mittelsachsen GmbH, Verkehrsgesellschaft Mecklenburg-Vorpommern mbH, Verkehrsverbund Paderborn-Höxter mbH, Verkehrsverbund Oberelbe GmbH, Zweckverband Nahverkehrsraum Leipzig, Zweckverband SPNV Süd, Zweckverband SPNV Nord
Cities and municipalities, domestic and international
Alstom, COWI A/S, LGT Lengiprotrans Russland, OAO Highspeed Railway Line Russland, Siemens, Vattenfall
agilis Verkehrsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, DB Regio AG, Erfurter Bahn GmbH, Hessische Landesbahn GmbH, NETINERA Deutschland GmbH (mit den Tochterunternehmen alex, erixx, Oberpfalzbahn, Regentalbahn, trilex, vlexx, Vogtlandbahn, Waldbahn),
- Transport Market Studies for European Rail Freight Corridor 3 and 8
- Study on behalf of the federal states for the review of the regionalization law regarding the future financing of regional passenger rail transport in Germany
- Development of an allocation basis for the financing of regional passenger rail transport in the Free State of Saxony
- Performance evaluations of the regional passenger rail transport of the Free State of Saxony for the years 2008, 2010 and 2012
- Rail & road based mass rapid transit system on Jogoo road corridor, Nairobi
- Determination of operating frameworks for the LRT-systems in Odense and preparation of tender documents
- Transaction advisor services for Rwanda integrated trade logistics facilities project
- Feasibility study Tram Khartoum
- Evaluation & simulation of operations of the Intermodal Terminal in Oslo-Alnabru
- “Network 2015+” for regional passenger rail transport for the transport authority VVO in Dresden
- Revenue and operation cost calculation for regional passenger rail transport
- Support during tendering process and contract awarding for regional passenger rail transport
- Analysis and assessment of core processes in transport companies
- Revenue distribution Hochstift based on sales and timetable data
- Feasibility study for the operation of Trolleybuses on two lines in Bremen (BSAG)
- Technical and organizational work supporting the “Deutsche Initiative für Hochgeschwindigkeitsverkehr (German
initiative for high-speed transport) in Russia“
- Opportunities for the implementation of a high-quality (regional passenger rail transport connection between Dresden and the Czech Republic (feasibility study))
- Railway corridor E 30 in Poland
- Determination of the operating costs LRT services “Strela”, Moscow
- Organizational support for the implementation of a CNG-bus system in Kyzylorda (Kazakhstan)
- Optimization of railway freight transport supply chains for the supply of power plants in Brandenburg
- RBL/DatNet & DatNet mobile: more than 320 vehicles and more than 1,100 employees, 8 external connected information systems (DEFAS, INSA, VVO, ADB, ZVV, VBN, GVH and RIS)
- Q-DABA & Q-DABA mobile: 13 users and administration of more than 70 transport contracts
- HMS: 3 users and administration of more than 13.000 stopping points
- MIPS: 3 users and administration of voyagers numbers of more than 12 transport networks
- IT service and consulting: Germany and Switzerland
- The companies of Gauff Consultants
- BalticMarineConsult GmbH, Warnemünde
- ifb Institut für Bahntechnik GmbH, Berlin
- PBV Planungsbüro für Verkehr Bornkessel & Markgraf GbR, Berlin
- Schüßler-Plan GmbH, Düsseldorf
- vci VerkehrsConsult Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH, Dresden
- GSP Sprachtechnologie GmbH, Berlin
- INAVET – Institut für angewandte Verkehrstelematik GmbH, Dresden
- PSI Transcom GmbH, Berlin
- Qnamic AG, Hägendorf, Switzerland
- WIB Solutions AG, Olten, Switzerland
ETC Transport Consultants GmbH — Germany, Berlin | Gernot Steinbrink, Helge haugk
Martin-Hoffmann-Strasse 18, 12435 Berlin, Germany
+49 30 2 54 65-200
+49 30 2 54 65-102
+49 30 2 54 65-200
+49 30 2 54 65-320
ETC Transport Consultants GmbH — Switzerland, Olten
Aarburgerstrasse 7, CH-4600 Olten
Peter Herren, Manager Branch Office Olten, Switzerland
+41 62 216-4225